Truro, the capital city of Cornwall, is a charming and picturesque location that is famous for its rich history, stunning beaches, and bustling city center. However, there are many hidden gems in Truro that are often overlooked by visitors and locals alike. Here are ten hidden gems in Truro that you never knew existed.
1. Old Bakery Studios – This creative hub in the heart of Truro is home to a variety of artists, designers, and makers. It is a great place to explore and admire the work of local artists, and also to attend workshops and events.
2. Boscawen Park – This tranquil park is situated just a short walk from the city center and offers stunning views of the River Allen. It is a great place to relax and unwind, and also has a play area for children.
3. Truro Cathedral – While not exactly a hidden gem, Truro Cathedral is often overlooked by visitors. It is a stunning piece of architecture and is home to an impressive collection of stained glass windows.
4. The Leats – This network of ancient watercourses runs beneath the streets of Truro and is a fascinating glimpse into the city’s history. There are various markers and plaques throughout the city that point out the location of the leats.
5. The Royal Cornwall Museum – This museum is home to a vast collection of artifacts and exhibits that tell the story of Cornwall’s rich history. It is a great place to learn about the county’s mining heritage, as well as its art and culture.
6. Trelissick Gardens – This stunning National Trust property is located just a short drive from Truro and is home to a variety of exotic plants and trees. There are also plenty of walking trails and picnic areas for visitors to enjoy.
7. The Bissoe Trail – This cycle and walking trail runs from Devoran to Portreath and offers stunning views of the Cornish countryside. It is a great way to explore the area and get some exercise at the same time.
8. The Alverton – This historic hotel is located in a beautiful Victorian mansion and is a great place to stay while exploring Truro. It also has a popular restaurant that serves up…