Utah is known for its breathtaking natural beauty that attracts millions of visitors every year. From the towering red rocks of Zion National Park to the snow-capped peaks of the Wasatch Mountains, Utah has something for everyone. While many of the state’s famous landmarks are well-known and well-visited, there are a few hidden gems that are equally impressive. Here are 10 hidden gems in Utah that will take your breath away.
1. Little Wild Horse Canyon – Located in the San Rafael Swell, Little Wild Horse Canyon is a narrow slot canyon that offers a unique hiking experience. With towering walls that are only a few feet apart, hikers will feel like they’re walking through a maze.
2. Crystal Geyser – Located in Green River, Crystal Geyser is a rare cold-water geyser that erupts regularly. The geyser shoots water up to 100 feet in the air, creating a stunning display.
3. Mirror Lake – Located in the Uinta Mountains, Mirror Lake is a picturesque alpine lake that is surrounded by towering peaks. The lake is a popular spot for fishing, hiking, and camping.
4. Kanarraville Falls – Located near Cedar City, Kanarraville Falls is a series of waterfalls that are hidden in a slot canyon. The hike to the falls requires some scrambling and wading through water, but the stunning scenery is worth it.
5. Goosenecks State Park – Located near Mexican Hat, Goosenecks State Park offers stunning views of the San Juan River as it winds through deep canyons. The park is a popular spot for camping and stargazing.
6. Antelope Island – Located in the Great Salt Lake, Antelope Island is a unique destination that is home to herds of bison, pronghorn antelope, and bighorn sheep. The island is also a popular spot for hiking, biking, and swimming.
7. Fisher Towers – Located near Moab, Fisher Towers is a series of towering sandstone spires that are a popular spot for rock climbing and hiking. The towers offer stunning views of the surrounding red rock landscape.
8. Snow Canyon State Park – Located near St. George, Snow Canyon State Park is a hidden gem that offers stunning red rock formations,…