Lloydminster is a city that is often overlooked by many travelers. However, it is full of hidden gems that are waiting to be explored. From outdoor adventures to unique dining experiences, there is something for everyone in Lloydminster. Here are 10 hidden gems that you should not miss out on.
1. Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre – This museum is a must-see for anyone interested in the history and science of the area. It features exhibits on the local flora and fauna, as well as displays on the indigenous cultures of the region.
2. Bud Miller All Seasons Park – This park is a great place to spend a day outdoors. It has a playground, walking trails, and even a mini-golf course. In the winter, visitors can enjoy ice skating and tobogganing.
3. The Root – This vegetarian restaurant is a great place to grab a healthy meal. They use locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, and their menu changes with the seasons.
4. The Olive Tree – If you’re looking for a unique dining experience, The Olive Tree is the place to go. They specialize in Mediterranean cuisine, and their menu features dishes like falafel, hummus, and shawarma.
5. The Lloydminster Farmers Market – This market is open on Saturdays from May to October. It features local produce, crafts, and baked goods. It’s a great place to support local businesses and farmers.
6. The Barr Colony Heritage Cultural Centre – This center is dedicated to preserving the history of the area. It features exhibits on the early settlers of the region, as well as displays on the local industries.
7. The Border City Petting Zoo – This small petting zoo is a great place for kids to get up close and personal with some friendly animals. They have goats, sheep, rabbits, and even a miniature horse.
8. The Lloydminster Golf & Curling Centre – If you’re a sports enthusiast, this is the place to go. They have an 18-hole golf course, as well as curling rinks for the winter months.
9. The Cold Lake Fish Hatchery – This hatchery is located just outside of Lloydminster and is a great place to learn about fish conservation. They…