France is a country that is known for its rich culture, historic landmarks, and picturesque landscapes. However, there are several hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered beyond the usual tourist destinations. These hidden gems offer a unique and authentic experience that one cannot find in guidebooks. Let’s take a look at ten of these hidden gems in France that are worth exploring.
1. The Lavender Fields in Valensole – The lavender fields of Valensole in Provence are a sight to behold. The fields stretch over several miles and are in full bloom from June to August. The fragrance of the lavender is simply mesmerizing, and the fields make for a perfect backdrop for a photo shoot.
2. The Village of Eze – The village of Eze is perched on a hilltop overlooking the French Riviera. The narrow streets of the village are lined with art galleries, boutique shops, and cafes. The view from the top is breathtaking, and the medieval architecture is well-preserved.
3. The Village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie – Saint-Cirq-Lapopie is a medieval village that is located in the Lot region of France. The village is built on a cliff overlooking the Lot River and is a perfect example of rural French architecture. The village is home to several art galleries, museums, and restaurants.
4. The Village of Gordes – Gordes is a picturesque village located in the Luberon region of Provence. The village is built on a hilltop and is surrounded by olive groves, vineyards, and lavender fields. The village is known for its stone houses, narrow streets, and stunning views of the valley below.
5. The Village of Rocamadour – Rocamadour is a cliffside village that is located in the Midi-Pyrenees region of France. The village is built on a steep slope and is home to several historic landmarks, including the Notre Dame Chapel and the Saint Sauveur Basilica. The village is also a popular pilgrimage site.
6. The Palace of Versailles Gardens – The Palace of Versailles is one of the most popular tourist destinations in France. However, the gardens of the palace are often overlooked. The gardens are vast…
- 10 Hidden Gems in Bruges You Won’t Find in Any Guidebook - June 1, 2023
- 10 Hidden Gems in NB You Need to Visit ASAP! - June 1, 2023
- 10 Hidden Gems You Can’t Miss on Your Next Cape Cod Adventure - June 1, 2023