Crete, a beautiful island in Greece, is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, ancient ruins, and delicious cuisine. However, there are many hidden gems in Crete that are often overlooked by tourists. Here are 10 hidden gems in Crete that you need to visit ASAP, and #7 will leave you breathless!
1. Gavdos Island: This tiny island located off the southern coast of Crete is the southernmost point in Europe. It is a secluded paradise that is perfect for those looking for some peace and quiet.
2. Elafonisi Beach: This stunning beach is known for its crystal clear waters and pink sand. It is located on the southwestern coast of Crete and is a must-visit for beach lovers.
3. The Palace of Knossos: This ancient palace is one of the most important archaeological sites in Crete. It was built in the Bronze Age and is believed to have been the center of the Minoan civilization.
4. Vai Beach: This beautiful beach is located on the eastern coast of Crete and is famous for its palm trees. It is one of the few places in Europe where you can see palm trees growing naturally.
5. Samaria Gorge: This stunning gorge is located in the White Mountains of Crete and is one of the longest gorges in Europe. It is a popular hiking destination and is known for its breathtaking views.
6. Balos Lagoon: This stunning lagoon is located on the northwestern coast of Crete and is only accessible by boat or a long hike. It is known for its crystal clear waters and beautiful scenery.
7. Loutro: This picturesque village is located on the southern coast of Crete and is only accessible by boat. It is a hidden gem that is perfect for those looking for a peaceful getaway.
8. Spinalonga Island: This small island located off the northeastern coast of Crete is known for its Venetian fortress and its role as a leper colony during the 20th century.
9. Agia Triada Monastery: This beautiful monastery is located near the town of Chania and is known for its stunning architecture. It was built in the 17th century and is a must-visit for history buffs.
10. The Dikteon Cave: This ancient…
- 10 Hidden Gems in NB You Need to Visit ASAP! - June 1, 2023
- 10 Hidden Gems You Can’t Miss on Your Next Cape Cod Adventure - June 1, 2023
- Discover the Best Nightlife in Quebec City: The Ultimate Guide to After-Dark Fun! - June 1, 2023