Cornwall is a beautiful place with its stunning beaches, charming villages, and picturesque countryside. While popular tourist destinations such as St Ives, Newquay, and Padstow are well-known, there are many hidden gems in Cornwall that you should visit before everyone else does. Here are ten of the best.
1. Portloe – This small fishing village is tucked away on the Roseland Peninsula and is one of the most picturesque places in Cornwall. With its thatched cottages, narrow streets, and stunning coastal views, it’s perfect for a quiet getaway.
2. Tregothnan – This historic estate is home to the UK’s largest private botanical garden, and it’s one of the best places to visit in Cornwall. Take a tour of the gardens and learn about the rare plants and teas that are grown here.
3. Porthcurno – This tiny village is home to one of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall. With turquoise waters and white sands, it’s the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun.
4. Golitha Falls – This hidden gem is a series of cascading waterfalls and pools set in a beautiful woodland. It’s a great place for a peaceful walk and to take in the stunning scenery.
5. Fowey – This charming town is located on the estuary of the River Fowey and is full of character. With its narrow streets, independent shops, and restaurants, it’s a great place to explore.
6. Kynance Cove – This secluded cove is one of the most beautiful places in Cornwall. With its turquoise waters, white sands, and dramatic cliffs, it’s a great place to swim, sunbathe, and explore.
7. St Michael’s Mount – This iconic landmark is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cornwall, but it’s still a hidden gem. Take a boat trip to the island and explore the castle and gardens.
8. Bodmin Moor – This wild and rugged landscape is full of hidden treasures. With its ancient stone circles, abandoned mines, and wild ponies, it’s a great place to explore on foot or by bike.
9. Mousehole – This picturesque fishing village is full of charm. With its narrow streets, colourful cottages, and pretty harbour, it’s a great place to…